|· What is the difference between the empeg Car and the Rio Car? |
|· Has the Rio Car been discontinued? |
|· Where can I buy one? |
|· Will there ever be a car player Mark 3? |
|· What came in the box with the Rio Car player? |
|· What are the basic specifications of the player? |
|· How does the Rio Car compare to other car MP3 players on the market? |
|· How is the music organized on the player? Is it easy to find a given tune? |
|· Do I need to know Linux to use the Rio Car player? |
|· How are the hard disks going to hold up to the vibration of a car? |
|· Can I use the Rio Car player in an audio competition? |
|· Why were laptop drives used? Desktop drives are cheaper. |
|· Why doesn't it play MP3 CD-R discs? |
|· Why doesn't it have a removable faceplate? Why must the whole unit be pulled from the dash? |
|· Why only 10BaseT ethernet? Why didn't you put 100BaseT on the Mark 2 player? |
|· Do I need a separate amplifier, or will the Rio Car drive my speakers directly? |
|· How do I put music onto the player? Do I need to bring a laptop into the car? |
· What operating systems are supported?
(Entry last updated on February 14th, 2002)
- Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, and Windows XP: Fully supported. Emplode was designed to run under these operating systems.
- Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0: Partly supported. USB devices do not work under '95 or NT4, since those operating systems do not have any USB support at all. Ethernet and serial will work as long as you have Internet Explorer 4.0 or later installed.
- MacOS: Supported by the free JEmplode utility.
- Linux: Fully supported, by both Emptool and JEmplode.
- Windows 3.1 and NT 3.51: Shyeah, right.
|· What kind of music files will it play? Will it play VQF/AAC/MPEG4/OGG/MP3Pro, etc.? |
|· Does the player work with iTunes? |
|· Does the player support audio books? |
|· Does the tuner support XM radio or Sirius radio? |
|· What RDS features does the tuner support? |
|· What parts of the software are open-source? |
|· I want to start encoding my CD collection for use on the Rio Car now! Is there anything I need to keep in mind? |
|· What is the largest disk drive I can put in the player? |
|· What do all the buttons do? |
|· What does the serial number represent? |
|· How do I upgrade my software? |
|· How can I get a replacement blue lens? The official Rio add-on lens kits don't have blue. |
|· What is the 'Security' slot on the back of the player for? |
|· If my player is stolen, is there anything I can do? |
|· If I purchase a player second-hand, will the one-year warranty still be honored? |
|· How do I get support or repairs? |